1. If you have a leaky faucet that drips twice per minute, you’ll waste over a gallon of water in a week.
2. The flushing toilet was invented by John Harrington in 1596, which is where we get the nickname “the John.” We also call the toilet “the crapper” because of Thomas Crapper, who widely increased the popularity of it.
3. Mario and Luigi (of the video game Super Mario Brothers) are plumbers.
4. There are two different types of plungers – a toilet plunger and a sink/shower plunger. Toilet plungers narrow at the bottom to fit into the toilet while sink/shower plungers are flat.
5. In 1939, Al Moen invented the single-handle faucet that can control hot and cold water in just one turn.
Have a great weekend everyone, and make sure to call us for all your plumbing and drain needs at 435-833-9393. Please like and share!